THE GENIE IN THE BOTTLE: Altered States in and Around Me
facilitated by Gill Emslie and Bogna Szymkiewicz
14-16 June 2019 – Brindisi
Life is too rich and complicated to be lived through only one so-called "normal" state of consciousness. People in all cultures and at all times have looked for ways to experience altered states, through meditation, ecstatic practices, alcohol or drugs.
Sometimes we actively look for altered states, sometimes we are overwhelmed by them against our will. Strong emotions, disturbing moods, falling in love, and relationship conflicts can all alter the way we perceive ourselves, others and the surrounding world.
During this workshop:
* we will learn to navigate through "parallel universes" of altered states of consciousness (ASC)
* we will make friends with some of the states we experience repeatedly
* we will develop a meta-position that helps us to remain aware in the midst of the ASCs
* we will learn to notice the signals of people who are on the brink of extreme states of consciousness
* we will learn to communicate with people in withdrawn states of consciousness, including trance states, coma and dementia
* we will develop and deepen the skills to facilitate our altered states and those of others.
Dates and times
Friday, June 14, 2019: 3.00 pm - 7.00 pm
Saturday 15 June 2019: 9.30 am - 1.00 pm / 3.00 pm - 7.00 pm
Sunday, June 16th: 9.30 am - 1.00 pm
Monday, June 17 and Tuesday, June 18 are reserved to enrolled students
The workshop and the open shcool will take place at:
EX FADDA – LABORATORIO URBANO
Via Brindisi, snc
72019 San Vito dei Normanni (BRINDISI)
REGISTRAZIONI (da effettuarsi entro il 12 giugno)
The organisation of ROOM AND BOARD is the responsibility of the participants and is not included in the cost of the seminar.